Shane macgowan and the popes - lonesome highway
What is also clear with each passing year, however, is that the great MacGowan songs endure, from the bruised romanticism of A Pair of Brown Eyes to the brutal realism of The Old Main Drag, his evocation of life among the teenage rent boys that once haunted Piccadilly Circus by night. Not only that, but they possess a visceral authenticity that belongs to a time before the onset of cultural gentrification, when rock music was peopled with outsiders and misfits. As one of them, MacGowan wrote with acuity about the lives of London’s human flotsam and jetsam.
A Wreck Reborn made for watchable TV, especially as MacGowan appeared genuinely moved by the white gnashers that had been inserted into his mouth, but it was maddening, too. This wasn't just another fame-hungry wannabe trying to get themselves on the box, but a songwriter of extraordinary distinction. Those who have been seduced by the Pogues' raw, beautiful poetry would have had to ask themselves why Sky Arts hadn't commissioned a film celebrating his remarkable songs instead.
- The Lurkers - 26 Years
- Dreamlogicc - Machines And Metaphors
- Art Pepper - Four Classic Albums
- Zebra (13) - Bring Me To My Knees
- Galliano - The Plot Thickens
- Dave Reachill - The Dave Reachill E.P.
- Ираклий Андроников - Выпуск V
- Rita Johns - Haunted By Love
- Mickey Nicolas - International Orchestra No. 18
- Vesterian - Anthems For The Coming War Age
- Goblin - Colonna Sonora Originale Del Film Profondo Rosso
- Alozade - No Comparison
- Quest & Odissi - Whatever / Live Fast
- Etat Solide - Living For Another
- Kai Randy Michel - Input Overload
- Wideboys, The* Wideboys·Feat Shaznay Lewis - Daddy-O
- King Crimson - Manicured Noise
- Bonechurch - World's End
- Fifth Dimension, The - The Fantastic Fifth Dimension
- Dan Welton - Higher Love